Friday, March 11, 2011

Leek and Cauliflower Soup

After I made my delicious rosemary bread, I decided I needed some tasty soup to go with it. I had 2 leeks in the fridge and some cauliflower. I googled "leek and cauliflower soup" and came across this blog entry. It was simple and made use of ingredients that I already had!

Ingredients:
2 leeks, roughly chopped
1 onion, chopped
1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
some broccoli florets (however many you'd like!)
2 cups chicken broth
salt and pepper

Directions:
  1. Heat oil on medium heat in a large saucepan.
  2. Saute onions and leaks until onions are transparent.
  3. Add in cauliflower, broccoli, and broth.
  4. Bring to a boil and then simmer until veggies are cooked.
  5. Puree with an immersion blender until smooth.
  6. Season with salt and pepper.

This was a simple and quick soup to make. I served it with my rosemary bread, and it was roomie-approved! I will be making this soup often in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment