Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Slow Cooker Ribs

It's been a while since I've written a blog. Life as a grad student gets a little busy! I haven't stopped trying out new recipes (though I will admit I don't get to do it as often as I'd like!). So, here's the first out of three recipes I've tried recently.

I borrowed this recipe from a number of different internet blogs, so I can't refer you to the original source! But here's the way I made these delicious, tender ribs.

Ingredients:
2 lbs pork spareribs
1 cup ketchup
1 tbsp Worcesterchire sauce
1 onion, finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
A dash or two of hot sauce
1 tbsp of whole grain mustard
*Optional: 1 tsp cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water*

Directions:
  1. Fill a large pot with enough water to cover the ribs.
  2. Boil for 15 minutes (this boils some of the fat off the meat).
  3. In another boil, mix all of the ingredients (except for the optional ingredients).
  4. Take the ribs out of the boiling water and drip dry.
  5. Place the ribs in a slow cooker and douse with the ketchup mixture.
  6. Cook on low for 6-8 hours until the ribs are tender (From my experience, 6 hours is enough).
  7. If the sauce is too thin, mix the cornstarch with 1/4 cup of cold water and stir into sauce until its thick enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment