Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Chickpea Potato Curry

Rob is away and has the car, and I've been really busy, so I haven't been able to go grocery shopping. So this afternoon I had to look at what I had in the fridge and cupboards and think about what I could make with it. I googled what I had an voila! This recipe came up.

Ingredients
2 1/2 cups veggie broth
2 cans of chickpeas
1 can of tomatoes with chilis
6 baby Yukon potatoes, chopped into cubes
1 medium onion, diced
1 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tsp minced ginger
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

Directions
  1. Add ingredients to pot and stir well.
  2. Simmer on medium heat for 35-40 minutes

Notes
Well, there were a few things I had to change.
1. I only had one can of chickpeas, so instead of a 2nd can, I used a cup of frozen peas.
2. I didn't have any potatoes, only a sweet potato. So I used that instead.
3. I didn't have canned tomatoes with chilis, just a can of diced tomatoes. So I used that and added a few dashes of hot sauce.
4. I didn't have ground coriander.

Aside from not having exactly the same ingredients as the recipe called for, this turned out great. I made some rice to go along with it and really enjoyed it! Admittedly, I might have made it a bit too spicy for my tastes, but it was still delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment